McAlester Medical Malpractice
Respected Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving Victims of Medical Negligence
When a doctor, nurse or other health care professional makes a key mistake, it could cause unnecessary pain and suffering for you or a loved one. In some cases, you may hold these negligent professionals accountable through a medical malpractice claim. For the sound legal guidance you need, speak with a dedicated McAlester injury attorney at Edwards & Patterson Law, serving clients throughout Oklahoma and Arkansas. We examine the details of your injuries and find out what went wrong, taking swift legal action on your behalf if we believe your claim has a good chance at success. To meet with a lawyer who keeps you well informed, call on us.
The Common Types of Medical Malpractice Claim Impacting Patients
The following are some of the most common forms of medical malpractice and the damage they may cause to patients:
- Failure to diagnose: If a physician fails to diagnose a health condition he or she should have recognized based on that professional’s education and training, you may be able to hold the doctor responsible for the injuries or illnesses that result.
- Misdiagnosis: In other cases, doctors may be negligent in diagnosing an injury or illness, which could result in patients receiving treatment they don’t need. In addition, they likely also won’t receive the care they need for the health condition from which they are actually suffering.
- Surgical errors: Making the wrong incision, operating on the wrong part of the body and leaving instruments inside of the body are all fairly common surgical mistakes. There are also common errors related to the administration of anesthesia.
- Medication errors: Physicians and pharmacists need to be very careful about the types and dosages of medications they provide to patients. Doctors, for their part, should know all of the other drugs a patient may be taking to ensure a new prescription does not produce unwanted side effects.
- Birth injuries: Doctors need to respond quickly to problems during the delivery process to avoid injuries to the infant or mother. Common birth injuries may result in cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy and a variety of other serious conditions.
There are many individuals and entities that may be responsible for personal injuries caused by medical negligence, other than physicians. These include nurses, medical assistants, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), hospital administrators, dentists, anesthesiologists and nursing home staff members, among many others. It takes a skilled lawyer to consider all of the possibilities and help you seek compensation from the health care professionals responsible for your injuries or illnesses. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Consult a Skilled Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
If you and your family are dealing with the effects of a medical professional’s negligence, work with the experienced malpractice lawyers at Edwards & Patterson Law. From our office in the Tulsa area, we serve injury victims throughout Oklahoma and Arkansas. For a complimentary case evaluation, call us today at 877-761-5059 or contact us online.