Motorcycle Accident Lawyers In McAlester
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers In McAlester Fighting for Rights of Motorcyclists
Motorcycle accidents may result in serious injuries or property damage, due largely to the fact that riders do not have the protection provided by the structure of an automobile. Our motorcycle injury lawyers understand the process and how hard it can sometimes be to get through it – and we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
If you have a motorcycle accident claim after being involved in a motorcycle crash in Arkansas or Oklahoma, meet with one of our skilled motorcycle accident attorneys at Edwards & Patterson Law.
Our motorcycle accident law firm in McAlester does not back down in the face of a challenge and remains dedicated to holding negligent drivers and other parties accountable for their actions. Attorneys Tony Edwards and Matt Patterson can investigate your McAlester motorcycle accidents and find out who was at fault, helping you seek compensation from those responsible for your injuries.
What Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for Me?
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Edwards & Patterson Law are ready to investigate the cause of your accident and resulting personal injuries, helping you explore your legal options moving forward.
Here are some of the steps we are prepared to take on your behalf after a motorcycle accident:
- Review all the details of the accident and determine who should be held responsible for your injuries.
- Seek out all available sources of insurance coverage.
- Calculate the full extent of your losses, including medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, property damage, pain and suffering and more.
- Handle all communications with the insurance company and others involved in the case.
- Negotiate with the responsible parties for a fair settlement.
- Fight for you in court if a settlement is not possible.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our Oklahoma motorcycle accident attorneys want to help!
Motorcycle Accidents Pose Significant Dangers
The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office estimates that there are more than 1,700 motorcycle accidents in the state each year, with about 77 percent of the riders involved suffering injuries. These numbers demonstrate the real dangers motorcyclists face when out on our roads and highways. An Oklahoma motorcycle crash attorney can assist.
The following are the most common causes of motorcycle crashes:
- Inattentive driving: People who use cell phones or engage in other distractions while driving have reduced reaction times and are often not able to see oncoming motorcyclists until it is too late. Texting while driving, eating and talking with passengers are common forms of distraction.
- Intoxication: It’s extremely dangerous to drive a car or ride a motorcycle while drunk, but many people continue to engage in this activity. If an intoxicated motorist caused your crash, that individual may face both criminal and civil penalties.
- Lane splitting: During periods of heavy traffic, some riders will try to move between vehicles, a practice known as lane splitting. This can be dangerous, as the drivers of motor vehicles generally do not expect approaching motorcycles when changing lanes or turning.
- Poor road conditions: Lose gravel and other impediments can make it easy for motorcyclists to skid out and lose control of their bikes. In these situations, it may be possible to seek compensation from the government agency in charge of road upkeep.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers understand the difficulty in recovering from a motorcycle wreck. The most important consideration when seeking a settlement in a motorcycle accident claim is to determine fault, which may include other drivers, other motorcycle riders or any number of different parties.
Common Types of Injuries in Oklahoma Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents frequently result in some of the worst injuries of any traffic accident. The reason is simple: motorcycle riders are not protected by the steel structure and safety equipment found on other motor vehicles.
Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries, including those that cause paralysis
- Broken bones
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Elbow, wrist and shoulder injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Deep cuts and abrasions known as “road rash”
These are just a few examples of the many types of injuries motorcycle accident victims may suffer. Tragically, many motorcycle accidents result in death. In such cases, surviving family members may be able to recover wrongful death benefits from the at-fault parties.
Compensation for Motorcycle Accident Victims in Oklahoma
If someone else did something careless or reckless that caused your motorcycle accident and injuries, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses, such as:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death benefits
What Do I Do after a McAlester, OK Motorcycle Accident?
The actions you take immediately after a motorcycle accident can make significant impact on your health and your potential for financial recovery. Here are some of the basic steps you should take after a motorcycle accident in McAlester or elsewhere in Oklahoma:
- Call 911 for emergency medical treatment and assistance from law enforcement.
- Accept any offered medical treatment, including transportation by ambulance. Now is not the time to act tough.
- Even if you don’t go to the hospital by ambulance, get a full medical exam as soon as possible after the crash. You may have suffered serious injuries that are not immediately apparent.
- Cooperate with the police but do not answer more than you are asked. Don’t speculate about what caused the crash.
- Be sure to obtain contact and insurance information for all drivers involved in the crash.
- Ask someone to take pictures of the accident scene and your visible injuries.
- Follow your doctor’s orders while recovering.
- Report your crash to your insurance company, but do not offer a written or recorded statement without help from an experienced Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Discuss your case with a motorcycle accident lawyer at Edwards & Patterson Law as soon as possible.
Get Help From a Compassionate Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Now
After a serious motorcycle accident, you may be seeking help for your injuries or motorcycle accident compensation. Motorcycle accident lawyers Oklahoma understand the difficulty in recovering from a motorcycle wreck. The most important consideration when seeking the average motorcycle accident settlement amount in a motorcycle accident claim to determine fault, which may include other drivers, other motorcycle riders or any number of different parties. Meet with one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Edwards & Patterson Law, based in the Tulsa and McAlester area.
A motorcycle accident lawyer will investigate the cause of your accident and resulting personal injuries, helping you explore your legal options moving forward. Contact us today for a free consultation. A motorcycle accident attorney Oklahoma can help!
We are proud to serve injury victims with a motorcycle accident claim throughout Arkansas and Oklahoma. We take cases on a contingency basis — so you pay no attorney’s fees unless your claim is successful. For a free case evaluation, call 877-403-8417 or contact us online today.
Speak With a Compassionate Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
After a serious motorcycle accident, you may be seeking help for your injuries or motorcycle accident compensation. Meet with one of our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys at Edwards & Patterson Law, based in the Tulsa and McAlester area. We are proud to serve injury victims with a motorcycle accident claim throughout Arkansas and Oklahoma, and take cases on a contingency basis — so you pay no attorney’s fees unless your claim is successful. For a free case evaluation, call 877-761-5059 or contact us online today.